Saturday, May 22, 2010

Dynasty Rematch


You know, I'm really tired of the Lakers and the Celtics. Having 15 and 17 championships between them respectively, I really don't want to see them in the championship game. Sure, it was great to see the Celtics rebound a pathetic team into a championship team by just dropping some bills. It was great for the town and the basketball world in a sense. I honestly just hate the dynasty that is the Lakers and Kobe. Maybe I'm just bitter because I'm a Cleveland/Lebron fan, but I want upsets. I long for that conference championship 7 vs. 8 seed that the NHL offers this year with the Flyers and Canadiens. I long for a team like the Charlotte Bobcats, Milwaukee Bucks, or, especially the Oklahoma Thunder to be the dark horse.

Of course, that isn't reality, and it probably won't be for the next couple of years. The East is so top heavy that only one of three teams are expected to make it through every year. The rest of the conference battles to see who can have the best under .500 season. The West is far more competent, but, again, everyone falls victim to the Lakers-kudos to the Thunder for putting up a hell of a fight-in the playoffs (especially the playoff incompetent Jazz and Suns as it appears). Lakers are up 2-0. Celtics are up 2-0 (and leading by 25 in the third currently). I might as well not watch the championship series.

Go Thunder.

No comments:

Post a Comment